Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Jan 11

What a day! I have trouble sleeping today. Maybe doing something on the computer like writing this blog will make me feel sleepy again. Anyway, these past few days of shooting at night gave me some more challenges to the point of no-creativity even thou my start was not that bad - actually. I thought I can do this everyday but for some reason I'm beginning to lost my focus on my goal to complete the 365 pictures for 2011. This is so early for boredom! I almost can't do it at all. I'm still learning the art of street photography and it's not easy. Sometimes I think it's the gear that limits me but at the end of the day it's still my skill that counts. My 50mm lens was not that flexible when the subjects are far from me and when I'm close I can be caught.

New Lens
The next lens that I should have is a Nikon 85mm 1.8 or a 135mm F2.0 DC, I need to have a telephoto for this kind of work but not bulky. 70-200 lens is huge and will be cumbersome to me at night. Maybe I will settle for 85mm with a tele-converter x1.4  since this will be much more cheaper compared to 135mm F2.0 and smaller. D7000 is also a must have but the lens should be first on my list.

I hope I can be good with street photography since it's cheap to do and you don't need models to pose. The natural/candid moments and emotions are really something to enjoy capturing. The challenges are there for the conquering.

My photos today might not be the best that I can think of. They can be good or bad but at least I will remember what I have learned.

Dinner Date. 9/365
From 20110107


That is my Ride. 10/365
From 20110107


I'm Available. 11/365
From 20110107

Critique

Oh, yeah I can criticize my photos. This might be a good idea to criticize myself.

9/365:  The guy on the left was cut-off.
10/365: The hand was cut-off.
11/365: Just fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment